Kalidas is committed to promoting a more peaceful, sustainable world. Kalidas promotes the following policies to create a better world:
1. Diplomacy over war. All of our presidents in recent history have gone into war after war. We need to use diplomacy to solve problems instead of jumping into war after war as the solution. Nuclear war is not an option since it destroys the environment around the "enemy" by radiating a whole region. War is costly economically, emotionally and spiritually.
2. No gun sales to human rights abusing countries. The US has a history of selling weapons to human rights abusing countries. The "business" of weapons creates a never ending cycle of war. In fact the US has had to face its own weapons in combat on more than one occasion.
3. Converting to a vegan/vegetarian diet. The meat/dairy industry is inhumane. The UN supports veganism and the Guardian writes that "a global shift towards a vegan diet is vital to save the world from hunger, fuel poverty, and the worst impacts of climate change."
4. Wise energy choices. We need conversion to more renewable sources like wind, solar, etc. and simply use less energy. We should use more sustainable building/housing options, which already exist when available (cobs, strawbales, etc.).
5. End torture. Whether in the US or abroad, torture as a policy does not work. Torturing a person gets them to say anything to stop the torture regardless of whether what they are saying is true or not. Besides torture is barbaric.
Kalidas endorses the following organizations for peace and diplomacy: